Istec IST-203 · DCS migration system · simulates 4-20 mA control loops · software guided online migration process · improved efficiency, safety and control
How does it work?
The Online DCS Migration Tool takes over and simulates 0(4)-20 mA loops during active process conditions. This allows the user to perform an online control system migration without any disturbance of the process, while increasing efficiency and control. It causes no downtime. The Online DCS Migration Tool guides the technician through the online migration process, minimizing human errors and risks. This makes the tool suitable for every online DCS migration strategy.
The process starts with connecting the IST-203 to the loop in parallel with the control system. After sampling and storing the loop values, the tool can take-over the loop from the control system. At that point, the tool is in control of the loop, and any changes made to the control system will be absorbed by the tool. The old control system can now be disconnected and replaced by the new control system, while the tool maintains the loop. During the migration, the technician can use the tools offset control function to adjust the loop values if necessary. When the new control system is connected, the tool verifies its output values before it hands over the loop to the new system.
- Improved safety, efficiency and control during DCS or PLC migration
- Software guided process designed to minimize human errors and risks
- Offset control – adjusting the loop values during the migration
- Output match – The IST-203 verifies the new control system output
- Step-by-step migration
- Suitable for all control system brands, including Honeywell, Emerson, ABB, Yokogawa, Invensys and others