Istec SpeedSys 200 overspeed protection module
Istec SpeedSys 200 · SSY200-000-002 · overspeed protection module · 0-35 kHz · SIL 2 certified protection · speed signal to relay, open collector and analog outputs · single channel or voting structures
The SpeedSys 200 is a high integrity overspeed protection system. The robust design with advanced self-monitoring, galvanic separated in- and outputs and certification by design make a high-end product that stands out in the market. The focus on the core safety functions make a system that is easy to use and to maintain, with very long proof test intervals.
Advanced overspeed protection for a wide range of applications
The system architecture is designed for versatility. A single module can offer a reliable and economical solution for overspeed protection. For more demanding applications or increased availability, redundancy and voting structures can be created.
Typical applications include:
- Compressors and pumps
- Wind turbines
- Gas- and steam turbines
- Hydroelectric power stations
Safety system by design
- Fast reaction time to overspeed – 8 ms
- 2 safety relays + 1 safety analog output per module
- External voting for redundant configurations
- Advanced self-monitoring and diagnostics
- 10 year proof test interval (typical)
Every channel is designed to work as an independent module. SIL 2 certified protection can be achieved with a single module. To maximize availability, the double-pole safety relays can easily be wired into various configurations as shown below.
- API670 and API612 compliant
- SIL 2 certified (IEC 61508)
- ATEX (IECEx) Zone 0,1,2 (EX-ia) (input only)
- Europe: CE
- USA/Canada: cMETus; FCC